Pin It

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Petal Pizzazz - Color Inspiration Challenge

I fell in love with this color combination on kwerner's blog. It's been too long since I've scrapbooked anything, so I made this to sit on my desk at school. The colors make me happy!

I love how the black makes the bright colors pop. I used lots of glitter to give the flowers a little extra pizazz. To create the flat flower centres, I heated a white jumbo brad with my heat tool and dipped it in irridescent ice embossing powder while it was still hot; then used the heat tool to melt the powder completely.


To create the rounded flower centres, I covered half pearls from the Pretties Kit with Crystal Effects, dripped a drop of reinker over top, and dipped the whole thing in Dazzling Diamonds. I also used a two way glue pen to outline the flowers and sprinkled them with Dazzling Diamonds.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Petal Pizzazz
Ink: Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, Basic Black
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Jumbo Grommets, Pretties Pearls, Jumbo Brads, Dazzling Diamonds, Iridescent Ice, Kiwi Kiss Carousel Note












3 comments:

Leah said...

SHAWNA! it is adorable! SO are your girls!

Sherri said...

So pretty! Love it!

joybear said...

Such a sweet layout!