Pin It

Friday, May 22, 2009

Heritage Photo Frame

It's been a long time since I've had time to play in my Stampin' Studio. Last weekend we were at the lake and work has been hectic. I did, however, squeeze in some time to make a Mother's Day gift for my mom. I just haven't found time to post it until now! There are very few early pictures of my grandparents on my mom's side of the family. This is one of the few that I have, so I decided to scan and print it for my mom. Even though it's somewhat blurry, I still love it. I envy those people with enough old photos to create page after page for their heritage albums. Maybe my lack of photos of my ancestors is part of what drives me to take hundreds of pictures in one photo shoot!

The frame is one of those wooden frames from Michaels. I attached the Bella Rose Paper to the frame with a glue stick - my favourite method of adhering patterned paper to wood or paper. I coat the entire surface of the paper with the glue stick, making sure to get the edges and lay it over the wooden piece burnishing it well with my bone folder.

Other than the flower from the Pretties Kit, the flowers are all cut using my Big Shot and the Birds and Blooms die or created by punching scallop circles and cutting them into petals. To create the texture, I spritz the die cuts with water and scrunch them. Next I use my stylus to give them more dimension. The leaves were cut using the Little Leaves die and the chipboard flourishes were cut from the Tulipe die.
Everything is Stampin' UP! except for the heart charm from A Charming Place.








1 comment:

Sherri said...

That's so pretty! ...and I love the charm:)

Do let me know when/if you do a stamp camp coming up!