Sunday, March 4, 2012

Altered Caddy for my New Scrap Room

It has been a long time since I've had a space to scrap in. We started basement renovations in Fall, but these things move very slowly when you both work full time and only pick away at it on weekends (when you're usually too tired to do much!). I am so excited to finally be moving my stuff into its new space. My biggest challenge right now is remembering where I put things. I'm almost done, but I still want to finish up a couple more things before I post pictures of the completed space. In the meantime, I'd like to share some of my alterations to make items I already owned fit my new space.

This tote was perfect to house my often used tools and supplies. I picked it up almost a year ago on sale for a couple of dollars. I thought of painting it black first, but I liked the distressed edges and decided it would stand out on my black shelf better if I left it white. Here's what it looked like before:


...and here's what it looks like on my shelf ready to go when I'm ready to stamp.
The basket below it was found for $2.50 in a Christmas Clearance bin. I just pulled out the ugly Christmas Fabric. I plan to replace the ugly cover with Stampin UP! Designer Fabric eventually, but that will have to wait until I remove the stuff still piled around my sewing machine.
I'm planning a tutorial to show how I created the paper roses. My club ladies had fun making these this this month. I'll post what we made along with the tutorial in the coming weeks.
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Love Letter (retired)
Accessories: Flower Fusion Die, Crochet Trim, Little Leaves Die, Simple Letters Alphabet, Basic Pearls, Chipboard, Crackle Medium, & Acrylic Paint
Stamps: Artistic Etchings, Elementary Elegance