Pin It

Friday, April 10, 2009

Scrappin' With the Kids!

I spent part of last week scrapping with my kids - in a good way! First, my youngest needed 100 of something displayed in a creative way for her Kindergarten class's 100th Day Party. We came up with a long list of possibilities before settling on 100 of the pieces of "Pixie Dust" (Mickey shaped confetti) which the girls collected on our Disney Cruise. She had the idea of putting them on a Mickey Mouse. I think she was thinking of glue, but I had a different idea in mind! Together we came up with a page, complete with a shaker box Mickey and a picture of her on the cruise, that can be put into the scrapbook album when it comes home from school. She was so pleased!

My oldest daughter also had a project to make. One of her best school friends was having a birthday and she wanted to make a special card. The two of them dream of playing in a band together some day (despite the fact that neither can play an instrument, but who's to argue with 8 year old logic), so she begged to use my "Rock Star" stamp from the A Little Somethin' set. I helped her a bit with the general layout and suggested black to go with her very pink colour scheme, but she did a great job of putting everything together on the card. She definitely knew exactly what she wanted on the inside too (although please forget that her mom is an English teacher - I guess they don't cover the difference between "your" and "you're" in Grade 3, or more likely Grade 3 kids are like Grade 12 kids, and they just don't remember)!



1 comment:

Valerie said...

Your 8 year old is more talented than I am! Seriously, that's a great card, and an adorable pixie dust page.