Pin It

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Greetings from Cambodia!

I have been very busy since I arrived in Cambodia on Sunday afternoon. I promised to blog about my trip, so I thought I'd take a few minutes to post a quick update. I've done so much that I'll have to play catch up later! Here is the reason I got up at 4:25 this morning. Actually, I was supposed to be up at 4:00, but the guy at the front desk was sleeping on the couch and didn't get to our wake up call until 4:25 - we had to be out the door at 4:30. Needless to say, all I did was get dressed, brush my teeth, and go! The sunrise at Ankor Wat was absolutely worth it though. This is one of the many I took this morning.
I also made a new friend.
That would be a banana he's eating out of my hands. The people riding are from our team. I went for a ride around the ruins too - very bumpy and very fun! Tonight is our last of 3 nights at Siem Reap and we're flying back to Phnom Penh tomorrow morning. So far the trip has gone so smoothly. I can't believe how many amazing things I've seen and experienced in only a few short days.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

How wonderful! ...I'm thrilled for you that you've even gotten to ride on an Asian elephant!

I joined over at ACP like you suggested and have just finished my first swap...now to get it in the mail;) I'll be looking for your swap in August and try to participate for sure:)

Leah said...

AWESOME Shawna! love the little hands holding their projects.