Pin It

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Heart Punch Flowers

I combined a couple of challenges for this card. I started with a Mojo Monday sketch. Last week's challenge at A Charming Place was to create a project using no less than 38 hearts. After making all those Valentines I was ready to put my heart punch to a different use. All I used to create these flowers was the Heart to Heart Punch and a couple of punched circles for the base. Each petal consists of a inked and curled punched heart - 16 for the large pink flower, 8 for the vanilla base of the smaller flower, and 12 for the pink centre of the smaller flower. Wait, but doesn't that only equal 36 flowers? Yes, but I also used 4 hearts for the leaves for a grand total of 40 hearts on this card.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Gorgeous card! ...and I love the idea of using hearts to make flowers!!

Sherri said...

Shawna - I never seem to find many of the charms that you use in projects when I look in the Charming Shop - what is your secret. I just went through all the flowers and didn't see this one - and when you made that word album months ago I couldn't find the charms from there either - what is your secret?! :)

Shawna MacKenzie said...

Hi Sherri. I do have a secret! This charm is actually a snowflake :)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll start posting links to the exact charms I used. I've hesitated until now because I don't want to violate Stampin' UP's IDA, but since charms are not considered "competing product", and A Charming Place doesn't sell "competing product", there won't be a problem. This charm can be found here

Sherri said...

ah, a snowflake - and you've added a bead/pearl - cute!