Pin It

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sweet Treats Easter Card

I got this fabulous idea from Sandi MacIver. It seems that every little girl in my daughter's class was born in the spring and she's going to a birthday party every weekend. Since I'm forever making last minute cards for her to bring, I finally sat down and mass produced enough of these cards to last her until Easter. I made myself a free hand template of the bunny's body and the rest are punches.

Feet: Large oval, 1" circle, 1/4" circle
Ears: Oval and Small Oval
Eyes & Nose: smallest heart from the Heart to Heart punch, 1/4" circle, white pen
Flower: Eggcellent Eggs Kit
Paper: Sahara Sand, Naturals White, Sweet Pea

There are several ways to make the treats accessible without ruining the card. This is my favourite method. Create a pocket with a 1 3/8" circle punched into it in the same spot as the sweet treat cup. Instert a tag into the pocket with a tab attached to the top and stamp a hidden message on it. When the recipient pulls the tab, the candies can be easily removed.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Cute - I'll be sharing a link to this with some of the girls from my club - a few of them are really on a punch pals kick;)

Tanja said...

My daughter quite liked the one she received :)