Pin It

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Faux Suede Ornament Punch Rose


I'm not ready to put away my ornament punch yet! This rose was assembled in the same way I explained in this post. However, I created this one using the faux suede method. To do this:
1. Punch 6 ornaments using the ornament punch.
2. Run the ornaments over a bone folder (in the same way you would to curl ribbon) several times - both front and back.
3. Once the fibers in the paper have been broken, the two layers of paper will peel apart. I used my fingernail to pry the ornament into two layers, creating two ornaments with a suede like finish.
4. Assemble the rose using the method I described in the earlier post.


I also split the two layers of the scalloped edged piece to make it easier to wrap around the circle (thanks to Jan Tink in Stampin' Success for this inspiration).

Because the rose is so bulky, I cut the back of my finished rose as close to the base as possible (after covering it with sticky strip first. I added another layer of sticky strip to hold everything together and then cut an X in the center of my layered cardstock. I pushed the flower through this X and added a double layer of dimmensionals to hold everything in place while keeping the bulk to a minimum.


I also need to put in a plug for the new Sending Love Specialty Designer Series Paper. It is absolutely gorgeous in person. My camera couldn't capture the glittery designs on the paper - stunning!

The card was created using this week's Mojo Monday Sketch. Better late than never!

3 comments:

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful card - love the ruffle. Great card. If you like challenge blogs why don't you try out a new challenge blog. www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com

An Occasional Genius said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and that flower is wonderful!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a gorgeous card and flower. Thanks for playing! :)