Pin It

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Spotlight on Decor Elements - Change it up!

Wow, Summer is flying by and I've spent more time cleaning and decorating my Stampin' Space than I've spent stamping in it! I'm pleased to say that I'm almost done and it will be ready when clubs and classes resume in the fall. In the meantime, I want to spend the next few days showing you what I've been doing with Stampin' UP!'s Decor Elements.

We painted our house this Spring, which meant that the "Home is Built of Love & Dreams" that I earned as a hostess during the last catalogue period, had to come down. While it was tough emotionally to peel off something that I had only put up a couple of months earlier, it literally was a breeze to take down. Here's what I learned from removing this piece:

1. It literally peels right off the wall.
2. It does not take off a speck of paint.
3. It does not leave a mark whatsoever.
4. When Stampin' UP! says that it is not reuseable, they mean it. I thought I'd be really careful and save part of it. No such luck. I managed to get the "me" off in one piece and stick it on a 12x12 album cover with the intention of using it as an "All about me" album. It looks terrible - full of creases and bubbles where the vinyl had stretched. I'll be peeling that off before long! I did, however, manage to peel off the letters for Dreams. I stuck them on the front of a frame, but have concluded that rub-ons would look better because I would have at least been able to apply them straight!
After painting the walls, I decided to put the frames back where they originally were. The pictures were taken five years ago, but they still make me smile. This time I added the large family decor element piece. I managed to earn another Home is Built of Love and Dreams piece thanks to a very large pre-order from the new catalogue. I'll show you what I did with that one in a post later in the week.


Did you know that Stampin' UP! is offering a limited edition Decor Elements growth chart as part of the August/September Just for Kids Campaign? I have one on order and will also be posting pictures of what I do with it later in the month. Buy the chart for $33.95 (CAD) and receive a free applicator tool.
Also part of the Just for Kits promotion in August, spend $45 (before shipping & taxes) on stamp sets from the Growing Up section of the Idea Book & Catalogue and receive your choice of designer buttons free! Download the flyer here.

No comments: