Pin It

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Snow Tic Tac Toe

It's been a long time since I've posted - my apologies. November and December are always very busy months for me at work and with workshops and Christmas parties. I don't usually breathe again until after the new year - just in time to go back to work! I'm easing my way into posts again with an old project that I passed around at workshops a year ago, but never posted online.
I made this last November after being inspired by a CD case tic tac toe game in Papercrafts magazine. Of course that was before Stampin' UP sold the skinny tins individually, so I pulled all the Accents and Elements pieces out of one of my tins in order to create this magnetic game. The game pieces are made of chipboard circles covered with paper with magnets on the backs. The lines are created with ribbon and there is a simple belly band to hold everything together. For a striking effect, emboss your tins with silver embossing powder and people will be left wondering how'd she do that?

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Very cute, I think I might even have one of those tins hanging around....

Sherri said...

You did that so beautifully! I love it when you post your projects!!