Pin It

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Open Sea - Using the Distressing Essentials Kit

I actually made this last month for a colleague's 40th birthday. I finally sat down with my Distressing Essentials Kit and started to play. The Nautical Expedition Paper was sanded with the sanding blocks to create a worn look. Next, I applied the included distress inks to the stamped paper using the included applicator (basically a plain rubber stamp). I masked the boat image and spritzed the piece with water to blend the colours together. The ink spots in this kit is water based and meant to bleed together when spritzed with water, creating the look of old, worn paper. The kit also includes files in a variety of sizes, perfect for sanding those hard to reach corners of the chipboard numbers.

No comments: