Pin It

Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Digital Sunday - New In Colors!

New In Colors are Coming!

Best of all last year's in-colors are staying for one more year, so beginning July 1st there will be even more colors to play with! The new line is bold and bright and, judging from my weekend shopping trip, very trendy. As I was hanging my new purchases in my closet, I discovered that I have purchased a shirt that contains every one of these five colours this spring (although thankfully not all on the same shirt).Here is a chart to show how these new colors compare to both the current colors available and some of the retired colors (keep in mind that your monitor may show the colors differently than they appear in real life).
 


























The first thing I thought of when I saw these new colors was the colours we saw on our recent Caribbean Cruise. I couldn't wait to play with them in My Digital Studio, so I cheated a little! Did you know that you can match any color that you find on the internet or in a photo? I used the "match color" tool in MDS to match each of these colors and create a scrapbook page showcasing my daughter in St. Thomas. To create your own colored cardstock, punch out a square and drag it to cover your page. Insert the photo that you want to select the color from and select your punch. Click on the "match color" tool and select the color in the photo that you want to match. You can even save these new colors into your favorites to use later. Stampin' UP! will release the digital version of the new colors in an update after July first, but in the meantime, check out what I created!

No comments: