Pin It

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Handmade Little Leaves Embossing Folder

I can't believe it's been so long since I sat down in my crafting room to make something for me - not for clubs or workshops, but just for fun! I started out with a challenge from A Charming Place to make my own embossing folder. It takes a little time, but it's really quite easy.

Begin with a piece of cardboard from a cereal box. Chipboard was a little too thick. Cut images from your Big Shot out of scrap cardboard. I found that the cereal box was perfect for cutting the Little Leaves, but I had to make two layers to make a deep enough impression. If you are using a regular die instead of an embosslit, one cut out of chipboard will be enough. Next, arrange the pieces on your cardboard piece and use Modge Podge to stick everything down. Coat the entire board with a layer of Modge Podge and let dry overnight. You will be left with an embossing plate that can be used over and over again.

No comments: