Pin It

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mint Patty Purse Tutorial

Here is another project from last night's Retirement Party. I created these purses to hold mint patties, but they could also hold other individually wrapped chocolates or candies. They're quick and easy!

Supplies:
1 - 5.5"x2.25" piece of cardstock scored along the short side at 2", 2 3/8", 4 3/8", and 4.75"
1 - 6" length of ribbon for the handle
1 - 2.25"x0.75" piece of Designer Series Patterned Paper
1 - embellished scallop. I used Polka Dots & Paisley and Big Pieces and the 1-1/4" & 1-3/8" circle punches for mine.
1 - brad

Attach the patterned paper to the smallest section and round the two corners.
Mark the centre of the opposite flap and pierce through both the scallop and the centre of the flap. Do not pierce through the flap or glue your scallop to your purse.
Attach a mint patty to the inside middle section of your purse and glue dow the two ends of ribbon to create a handle.
Close your purse, tucking the flap inside the scallop to hold it shut. I'd love to see your creations. Leave a comment with a link or email me with a picture!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Thanks again for a fun evening! I'm sorry I'm going to have to miss stamp camp that's right when we're on vacation - but I love that mini album...maybe you could post it?