Pin It

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Strength & Hope Butterfly Favor Tutorial

I was inspired by a wedding picture I saw online. The bride had used paper cones to create rice throwers for her guests. Wouldn't these be cute sitting in a basket at the door of a wedding? Since I don't see myself planning any weddings in the near future, I think I'll stash candy in mine instead! They are super easy to make.

Start with a 5x5 piece of Designer Series Patterned Paper. Roll into a cone, making sure that one end points up on top (this will be your flap). I secured mine with a line of sticky strip along one side of the paper.
Next, fold your flap over and punch a couple of holes. I also punched a couple of holes in my butterfly piece, added a button and tied everything shut using crochet cotton.
Super easy!

Stamps: Strength and Hope (available until Aug 31 with $2 from every set going to breast cancer research)
Ink & Paper: Newsprint Designer Series Paper, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Neutrals Buttons, Crochet Trim, Tiny Tag Punch, Dazzling Diamonds

Tip: Use the individual words from the Strength and Hope set with a marker and tiny tag punch to change the sentiment. This gives you 13 words to choose from (Yes, you NEED this set!). I also inked the butterfly image with crumb cake and stamped it over my tag to add a bit of texture. Have I mentioned that you NEED this set?

1 comment:

Sherri said...

So pretty Shawna! I'm gonna be trying that:) ...love the way you used just the word 'blessed' from the one stamp in that set:)