Pin It

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Attics & Basements Challenge - Wedding Card

The challenge this month at A Charming Place was to dig through the basement/attic to find some treasures to use on a project. I've been crazy busy marking this month, but needed to make a card for a wedding yesterday anyway, so I added a couple "treasures" to this quick and easy card. The lace was originally from my mom's basement from when she used to sew clothes for me when I was a preschooler. I figure that makes it antique! The button was one of the many miscellaneous buttons that come in packages with clothes and are quickly tossed aside in a drawer. The cardstock and ribbon is brand new - Marina Mist which was a perfect match to the bride's color scheme. I was saving my Monogram Alphabet stamp set to be remounted on cling mount foam, so I didn't want to mount them on the wood blocks yet. In order to mount them on a clear block, I covered the sticker backing of the stamps I wanted to use with Tombow Multipurpose glue and let it dry. It made a temporary mess of my clear block, but it worked like a charm to line up the letters on one clear block! I even used it to stamp the front of the envelope. Now I need to clean up my mess and finish marking so I can actually play with my new stuff!

No comments: