Pin It

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Scalloped Flower Tutorial

I'm still waiting for my boxes of catalogues, which means I'm still playing with my preordered stamps and bella rose paper while I wait. I do, however, have my demonstrator copy of the catalogue. I must say that Stampin' UP really did an amazing job with this catalogue. The ideas and samples are gorgeous!!! Today as I poured through my catalogue again, this time looking at all the little details, I came across a super cute flower on page 46 and started wondering, "how did they do that?" I figured it out quickly and adapted it slightly to create my own version. I was so happy with it that I incorporated it into a project for this weekend's Stamp Camp. Here's what I did:
Supplies:
6 - Scallops punched out of Designer Series Paper (here Bella Rose)
1- small circle (here 3/4")
1 - embellishment centre (here Designer Button)
Cut each scallop in half. You will need five halves for a five petal flower like mine.
Roll each half scallop into a cone shape and glue in place.
Add adhesive to one side of your punched circle. This will be the base to add your petals to. Flatten the pointed end of each flower slightly.
Attach each petal one at a time to the adhesive on your circle.
Once all five petals are added, attach your centre embellishment and add it to your card. For a puffier version (like the one in the Stampin' UP catalogue), use six petals and do not flatten them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the flower "how to". your card is adorable! *~*

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial on the flower.

Sherri said...

What a clever way to make a flower!! Great cards!

Anonymous said...

How adorable!! What a great way to showcase new SU products. Thank You!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I love using flowers for cards. Your cards are gorgeous!

Anita

Stamp With Linz said...

This is totally terrific, I just love it! I'm going to have to do this and soon! :)

Anonymous said...

This is really cute! I am going to give it a try!

Pia said...

Oh, wow... This is awesome! I'm going to give it a try, too... But first I gotta buy the scallop punch! Yay, an excuse to buy a fun new toy! Thanks, Shawna!