Pin It

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Kiss Boxes

I finally did it. I found the time to create a blog! I can't promise to update daily (or even weekly for that matter), but I will make an effort to share my upcoming events and instructions for some of the fun projects we've been creating at them.

I thought I'd start with a project we made at Stamper's club this month. These little boxes are the perfect size for two kisses (or hugs). I altered a pattern created by MamaK at A Charming Place to create eight little chests out of one sheet of cardstock.

To create the box, cut one 4.25x2.75" piece of cardstock or patterned paper. Score along the short side at 1", 2", 3", and 4". Next score along both long sides at 2.25".

Cut along the short score lines (up to the long score line) to create the flaps for your box. Next you will cut off the tiny flaps at the one end.

You will need to trim the two flaps closest to the small front flap in order for your box to close properly (see photo right).

Next, angle the corners of your flaps (see photo). Stamp your cardstock as desired and fold along all score lines. Add adhesive to the outside of the middle large flap and glue the other two flaps to it to create the box. Use a piece of ribbon to tie everything together and embellish as desired.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the nicest blogs I've seen. WOW WOWER WOWEST!!!!