Pin It

Monday, December 21, 2009

Using Decor Elements Sheets with the Big Shot


I needed a quick and inexpensive gift so I got out my new Decor Elements Sheets and got to work on this Cookie Mix in a Jar gift. Thankfully I stockpiled IKEA jars for just this occasion! Now that Stampin' UP! has released coloured Decor Elements Sheets, the possibilities are endless.

Here's how to use your Big Shot to create your own Decor Elements.

Begin by cutting a piece of the Decor Sheet to fit your die. I used the Snowflake. Run this piece through your Big Shot following the same instructions you would for a normal piece of cardstock. Do not remove the negative piece.

Next, cut a piece from the included transfer paper to the same size as the piece you cut for your die. Remove the backing and stick the sticky side over top of the good side of your Decor Sheet.

Flip the piece over and burnish slightly with your applicator tool to make sure that the piece sticks to your transfer paper.

Next, remove the negative part of your Decor Sheet from your image. I had to use my paper piercer to pick out those itty bitty snowflake pieces.

Your image is now almost ready to apply to your surface.

Before applying, I like to flip the piece one more time and burnish the back to make sure that it will come off the transfer paper easily.

Flip it back over and remove the backing from your image.

You are now ready to apply your new Decor Element to the surface of your project. Make sure that the surface is clean. Apply your piece by carefully sticking onto the surface of your project, then using the applicator tool to burnish it.

 I found my Cookies in a Jar Mix at All Recipes. I tied a bow on the top and added a tag with the baking instructions for the cookies. It made a quick and easy gift that I know will be appreciated.

Tomorrow is the last day to buy Decor Elements Sheets on sale. Go to my store to see all the items available during the 12 Days of Holiday Sales.

No comments: