Pin It

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Simply Inspired Easel Card

I'd love to say that my Christmas cards are all done, but I must confess that I haven't finished making, let alone mailing them. I'm much better at the shopping part than I am at the getting things made part! While browsing a local shop I discovered this Peace Decoration and was inspired by the concept. Here is the card that I created as a result.

The card is an easel card. There are several tutorials around on how to make them. I based mine on the one found on Splitcoast Stampers . Cut a sheet of cardstock in half and score at the 4 1/4" and 6 1/8" marks (accordion fold these). Next cut your card front - 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". Glue the smallest panel of your folded piece to the top half of your card front. Add an element with dimensionals or a button to the base of the card to hold everything in place.

I kept this card simple in case I actually get around to making my cards this year!

Stamps: Season of Simple Grace, Serene Snowflakes
Cardstock & Ink: Kraft, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Bella Bleu Designer Series Patterned Paper
Accessories: Frost White Shimmer Paint, Big Shot (Top Note Die & Serif Essentials Die), Chunky Glitter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Christmas card design!

Anita