Pin It

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Card & Gift Bag

I confess that I didn't love Bermuda Bay when it was part of the past in-color collection, and I didn't love Calypso Coral when it first came out, but I started playing with them together and I am now loving both colours! This set came about after I came home from a recent shopping trip with yet another bag from David's Tea. They look so much like gift bags, and I am a packrat by nature, so I hated to toss them into the recycle bin. This time I noticed that the bag was a very close match to Bermuda Bay, which is making a comeback with the new catalogue in June. I pulled a piece of cardstock and discovered they're an exact match! I covered the logo and created a card to match and voila - a perfect Mother's Day gift ensemble!


I also decided to play around with my Creped Filter Paper. Here's how to create the flowers:

  • Punch 4-5 flowers from the Blossom Punch
  • Colour the edges with a marker. I used Calypso Coral
  • Spray each until the colour starts to run and set aside to dry.
  • Stack the flowers and poke a brade through the centre.
  • Crumple the flowers and position petals into place.
To create the rhinestone brad I simply added rhinestones to a (retired) 5/8" brad - which are still available on the Clearance Rack.







Supplies
Stamps: Loving Thoughts, All Holidays (retired), Travel Journal Wheel, Secret Garden (leaves kissed with the oval from Oh Hello)

Cardstock & Ink: Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette

Accessories: Honeycomb Folder, Doily, Apothecary Framelits, Flower Trim, Creped Filter Paper, Vanilla Seam Binding, Scallop Punch, Basic Rhinestones










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! So lovely!

Anita