Pin It

Monday, August 18, 2008

WOW Flowers 3x3 Card Kit

I came back from the lake last night after Stamp Camp, but unfortunately I did not find any catalogues waiting. I called Stampin' UP this morning and my catalogues will be re-shipped and I should see them by the first week in September (or the end of next week if I'm really lucky, which so far I have not been!). As a small consolation to my customers who have been (not so) patiently waiting for their hard copies of the new catalogue, I have decided to post the instructions for our Stamp Camp projects here this year for everyone to enjoy instead of printing them off or emailing them only to Stamp Camp Participants. Catalogues or no catalogues, Stamp Camp was a blast. Thanks to everyone who attended and helped to make it such a great time!

I'll be posting a project a day this week, starting with the Wow Flowers Card Kit we made. The box fits three 3x3 cards and matching square envelopes.

Supplies:
  • Inks & Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze
  • Circle Punches, Scallop Circle Punch
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • Rhinestone (removed from a rhinestone brad - more on that later this week)
To Create the box:
  • Cut one 7" x 4.25" piece cardstock
  • Score along the short side at 3.25" and 3.75"
  • Cut along the short score lines to where they intersect and fold everything up into a box. Glue flaps in place.
  • Squeeze the open ends together and punch a quarter circle out of both pieces
  • Embellish as desired and add matching 3x3 cards and mini envelopes
While we were at the lake, I also checked in on a Bohemian Waxwing Nest I discovered last weekend. The nest is quite tucked away in the tree, so I reached in with my point & shoot expecting more shots of the eggs. I was quite surprised to find this:





The pictures aren't the best, but I didn't want to chance staying too long and mama bird was anxious to get back to her nest for obvious reasons! I hope we make it back before they fly away.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

WOW those are some very new little birdies!